2012-02-22

Discovery: Yuka Yamaguchi

I found this artist by accident, while looking for a creative illustration of a team power. What I've found first was this:
I admire its simplicity and playfulness. But behind this drawing I also found many many cosy drawings and strange looking useless toys for adult children, as she calls them. She has also done many illustrations for books and magazines, now selling postcards and posters of her works too.


Yuka is self-taught artist and that's the first thing I love about her. I have never enjoyed or payed attention to colored pencils as a tool to create the final art works, but this talented woman proved that magic can be created even with simple things and without over-weighting the drawing. 


Needless to say more, you can simply go to her website and see for yourselves. http://www.plastiquemonkey.com/


1 comment:

  1. I love her artwork. There's a childlike sweetness to her work. It's very unique and lovely.

    ReplyDelete