2012-06-21

After some time. Discoveries pt. 2

OK, not going to say how ashamed I am for leaving this blog without any posts, but from now on, one post per week is a promise! I have graduated eventually and will have some time for quality blogging and enjoining the summer with some street art projects hopefully. Will show everything here:) But for now, some sharing is caring time with new discoveries.

For a start, I would like to share works of two artists. I discovered Alexandra Valenti 3 weeks ago. To be precise, I saw one particular picture and it touched me.



It was something really needed at that time and so I shared it everywhere and now it's even set as my Facebook cover. And so, today I found something that reminded me of Alexandra. Its Sarah Burwash. And her collages. 


I think it's obvious why I find a connection between them and this kind of pictures upgrade is my new favorite thing. Putting these works aside these artists are really different, Alexandra is a photographer with fashion prints, B&W in wilderness. Sarah is working as an illustrator, draws a lot and does videos, ceramics. Yet they both like water colors, old fashioned style in their art works that have a warm mystic blend.

Continuing with pictures, I randomly ran into this playful solution of handing many many bigger and smaller pictures in the toilet. This is how Zoe Johns and Max Catalano made it. I usually come across these picturious walls in restaurants and bars, but it looks great in home interiors too.



I have recently fallen in love with pattern prints on fabric. But it was only for a moment and I got back to good old fashioned web design dream with some other arts involved. Yet, I am fascinated by the colors and patterns on a rough textile. Like ones from Zac+Fox.


During the last few months I've noticed that I have a little crush on postcards and stationery in general. But about that.. another time :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment